Sunday, August 26, 2012

My new job...

I must say I never knew washing dishes could be so hard!! My whole body pretty much hurts... It has been an adjustment to go into an enviroment completely different. I have to say I have struggled a little with feeling like Im in a strange country all by myself. I am not used to the language and lifestyles of the world. However God has been there, I can feel His presence with me. On one lunch break I was sitting all alone feeling very heavy burdened and weary when a guy with dreads asked me if I was working in the kitchen. I said yes and then he started telling me all about his experiences cooking in NY. And then he said something that has stuck with me and helped me more than he knows. "Just think of this place as your school, its not a job but a school, your here to learn as much as you can." Its like God used him to help me at just the right time, because at that moment I was doing everything in me not to just sit and cry. God gave me a scripture verse one morning that I think I will make my special verse to get me through this program.

Isaiah 41:10
"So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strenthen you and help you: I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

I need God's strength every minute of every day to get me through this difficult transition. I am praying for Him to use me to be the light in a dark place.











No comments:

Post a Comment