Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Here's a funny story!

I was busy doing the dishes and feeling like I was finally getting a good groove with my speed. I mean I was going through the dishes, spraying them, sending them through the machine, and putting them away. And then I put an empty crate on the rack above, like I do everyday, when all of the sudden the crate on the opposite side full of glasses slid of the rack and landed with a enormously loud crash. People came running from everywhere to see what and who had made the shaddering sound. And as I stood and looked at the shreds of glass all over the floor the only thing I could do was accept the responsibility and claim my mistake. So I began to sweep up the glass as my coworkers laughed but encouraged me with their personal stories of simular situations. So I brushed it off and jumped right back into my dish washing and again placed an empty crate on the rack and again watched a crate full of glasses slide off and hit the floor with another but what must have been a louder boom. This time even more people came to see and I was told they heard it all over the hotel. So again I swept up the glass as people said "Man your paycheck is getting smaller and smaller". I no longer put the empty crates on the rack but chose to place them on the floor just to be safe. What is truly amazing is that even when I have bad days of shaddering glass or whatever else I may face in my days that God is beside me and I can feel His presence. The next day I placed the empty crate back on the rack with no catastrophes. And I smiled and thanked God! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment