Monday, September 24, 2012

I've got to get caught up with this blog!!

There is so much going on and I have neglected to update my blog. First I want to Praise God for providing once again! The State financial aid came through, so I will receive $2000 to go towards school. I was so excited I wanted to do a little happy dance in the office. Second I am preparing for tryouts to be on a competition team. The tryouts will take place a week from today. I will have to cut up a whole chicken and cook it with a starch, vegetable, and a sauce. And I have one hour and fifteen minutes to make two plates, one for presentation and one for taste. The chefs at work have all been helping me by showing me how to cut up the chicken and teaching me how to make a dish. I will be making pan seared chicken with red eye gravy over grits and possible some honey glazed carrots. Im not sure yet about which vegetable I want to use. I have been practicing but I dont have it under the ONE hour and Fifteen minute time limit. I really want to make this team! There is nine students in my class and four in the second year class. Oh yeah we are competing against second year students I forgot to mention that. Im usually not a very competitive person but I really really want to make the team. I think its because I feel kind of like the underdog. I feel like I have to prove myself or something. So, anywho that's the lastest. Keep me in your prayers any of you who might read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment