Monday, October 1, 2012

God is sooo Good!

Ok Im not sure where to start. So I will start with yesterday. I was on the dish tank when I over heard a lady talking about Jesus and her church. I told her it was such a blessing to hear her talking about the Lord and that I have felt very alone working in such a dark place spiritually. She gave me the most beautiful and encouraging words about putting on the Armor of God. It was clear to me that God was speaking to me through her and it was a truly amazing experience.

Then I was pulled from the dishtank to begin cooking my dish I would prepare for competition today. Chef Mark had left me a note explaining how I was to use this time to practice for competition and he would be there with 2 other people to judge my dish. I was frazzled but I pulled it together and finished within the time limit. I presented two plates to 3 judges and they discussed my dish with me with little criticism. Chef told me he was highly impressed and he thought I would do very well. I didnt really know what to think, I was stunned actually to have such good comments from several chefs.

And then competition day... I arrived at school at 8am to beging gathering all my ingredients and equipment for my dish. At 10am we began cooking.. There was 7 first year students and 3 second year students. This was a competition to see who would make the competition team that will compete representing the school. I dont know if any of that makes sense... Anyway I cut apart a chicken into 8 pieces and then cooked the breasts. Here is my menu: Pan Seared Chicken Breast with Red eye gravy, Palenta cake, and honey glazed carrots...

 
 
I am very excited to announce that I placed 1st!! I give God all the Glory because I know I was not alone. For instance I was going to make grits but Chef Mark at work showed me how to make palenta cakes because he thought it would show my versatility. And when I got there today Chef Mandy informed me that they had forgotten to get grits. God is soooo Good! Thats all I can say! Some people would say that was coincidence but I know that God takes care of all the little details. He is faithful and good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment